July 16-August 4, 2017
The EducationUSA Academy at Washington University is a three-week, residential summer program designed for international students seeking to improve their English proficiency while learning about the American college experience. Through a variety of specialized program activities, students will network with Washington University faculty and staff and learn to conduct undergraduate-level research. Activities include:
- An intensive English training course
- Globally focused discussions
- STEAM and Innovation themed days
- Workshops on the college admissions essay
- TOEFL preparation
- Visits to other St. Louis area college and universities
- American cultural experiences
- Specialized seminars
- Weekend outings and evening social events
See Daily Schedule for more information on these activities. Learn about life on campus during a Summer Experience.
The 2017 program fee is $5,585 and includes all residential and academic expenses. Limited scholarship assistance is available for students who demonstrate financial need. See 2017 Fees for more information about fees and scholarship assistance.
To be eligible for the EducationUSA Academy at Washington University students should:
- Be a current freshman, sophomore, or junior in high school between the ages of 15-17.
- Be an international student currently living outside of the United States.
- Have an academic average of B+ or better.
- Be a non-native English speaker with at least intermediate level skills (TOEFL score of at least 60).
How to Apply
In order to apply to the EducationUSA Academy at Washington University, students must complete an online application, including three short essays, and submit the following supplemental information:
- Teacher Recommendation
- TOEFL Score Report
We review applications on a rolling basis. Once we receive all of the required supplemental information to complete an application, students are notified by mail of the admission decision within 10-12 business days. Qualified applicants are admitted until all spaces in the program are filled.
Please note that many of our programs fill before the April 1 application deadline, so we strongly encourage you to apply early.
Congratulations on your admission to the EducationUSA Academy at Washington University! Learn more about the next steps in the registration process.
Want to learn more about the EducationUSA Academy at Washington University?