Current 10th-11th GraderS
Experience all facets of college life in our High School Summer Scholars Program, open to students during the summer following their sophomore or junior year. As a participant in this selective five-week program, you will live on campus, enroll in courses taught by Washington University faculty, and study alongside college students. Select from a broad range of stimulating introductory courses in the humanities, math, sciences, and social sciences. This can be the perfect stepping-stone to the next stage of your education!
For St. Louis area students interested in commuting to campus or for students outside of St. Louis looking for online options see High School College Access.
Session A: June 7-July 11, 2015
Session B: July 12-August 14, 2015
- "U Pick 2" allows you to choose any two of our vast selection of introductory undergraduate courses, with exciting options in foreign languages, humanities, math and sciences, and social sciences. Visit our 2015 Course Listings for full descriptions of all your course options.
- "Pre-Professional Course Options" provide you with preselected suggestions designed to give you a glimpse into a particular area of study, such as pre-engineering, pre-medicine, pre-business, pre-law, or writing.
Prepare for College Success
In your first college experience, you'll be fully supported by our weekly Academic Support Groups. And after all your hard work, you'll be rewarded with social opportunities to get to know your fellow scholars and the great city of St. Louis.
The 2015 Summer Scholars program fee is $7475. Scholarship assistance is available. See 2015 Summer Scholars Fees for more information.
To be eligible for the High School Summer Scholars Program you should:
- Be a current sophomore or junior in high school.
- Have an academic average of B+ or better.
- Have a combined SAT score of 1800 or a combined ACT score of at least 25.
- Submit a teacher recommendation.
- As an international student, have a TOEFL score of at least 90 or an IELTS score of at least 7.
How to Apply
The application process for the 2015 High School Summer Scholars Program has closed. Applications for Summer 2016 will be available beginning October 1, 2015.
Assistant Director for Summer Institutes and Special Programs