HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER INSTITUTES
The High School Summer Institutes are non-credit academic institutes that specialize in one area of interest or field of study. Institutes combine traditional class and lab curriculum with organized field trips, guest lectures, and hands-on activities in order for students to gain valuable academic and career experience. Students will complete a final project which varies for each institute.
- Pre-Medical Institute
- Writing Institute
- Pre-Engineering Institute-New for 2013!
- Global Leadership Institute-New for 2013!
To be eligible for these programs you should:
- Be a current high school sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Have an academic average of B+ or better.
- Have at least ONE of the following:
-a combined SAT score of at least 1800
-combined PSAT of 180
-an ACT or PLAN composite score of at least 25
- As an international applicant, have an internet based TOEFL score of at least 90, or an IELTS score of at least 7.
Fees for 2013
The fees for the High School Summer Institutes are:
- Pre-Medical Institute: $4985
- Writing Institute: $3385
- Pre-Engineering Institute: $3385
- Global Leadership Institute: $3385
Limited partial scholarship assistance is available to students who demonstrate financial need.
Program Fees Cover:
- Housing in a secure, air-conditioned campus residence hall.
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Specialized seminars to develop academic skills.
- Most social activities.
- Books and supplies as well as institute-sponosred field trips and activities.
- Transportation pass for St. Louis bus and light rail system.
Travel and personal expenses are not included.
Application Deadline for High School Summer Institutes is April 15, 2013.
To download and print 2013 application materials, see Applications.
Application information and recommendation forms from teachers and counselors are considered as carefully as the academic record. It is important to note that acceptance into High School Summer Institute does not guarantee acceptance into the university.
Important Dates & Deadlines
To view important dates and deadlines for the 2013 institutes, see Calendar.
The institutes have limited space, so submit your application early. Spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.